Monday, March 16, 2009

I think my wife is trying to kill me!!!!

A good practice for us men is to come to the realization that our "better halves" are only so capable when it comes to doing anything that involves any mechanical inclination. The sooner we except that they are only feeble helpers when it comes to do-it-yourself projects the better your relationship will be. The moment you start to expect any kind of journeyman type thought process to come from there pretty little heads is when you can count on a fight that you will probably lose. When faced with the situation where you have to do a "love bonding project" that they saw on Trading Spaces or Design on a dime your best hope is to dress them up in some little shorts or something hot like that and let them stand there and look pretty. At least you have something to look at while you work and if you start to get mad about something they did so obviously ass backwards, just look at them all dressed up in their sexy outfit and ask yourself, is its worth giving up a night, or possibly a week or longer of sex over something so trivial because more then likely they are going to be in the mood after watching you do manly work all day.

I know that this will be no easy task so let me tell you what happened to me recently wile installing some bathroom lights for my wife. I began my by disconnecting the old light fixture from the wall in the bathroom. After removing all the bulbs from the fixture, I began to unscrew it from the wall. Since the light is on a switch and my electric panel is not marked so clearly I decided I would just turn off the light switch to cut the power from the fixture instead of trying to find the right breaker and risk having to reset a couple clocks in my house. My wife standing there all hot looking decided to "help me out". It didn't seem to her that I had enough light so she decided to do what comes natural and turn on the light switch. Keep in mind I have removed all the bulbs from the fixture at this point. Luckily I saw her in the mirror and had not exposed any bare wires as of yet. So I explained to her that I had plenty of light and stressed the importance that she not turn on the light switch because I could be electrocuted. Then I sent her to the garage to look for a part we needed. After removing the old fixture I needed to see if the light bracket that I had for the new light was going to fit the old box that was in the wall. As I was walking to the garage my wife passed me in the hall complaining about her shirt being to tight but as usual I wasn't really paying attention I just checked out her rack and continued down the hall. When I returned to the bathroom with the new shiny metal bracket I reached up to compare it with the old box and ZAP!!!!!! I looked like a stroke patient as jolt of electricity ran down the right side of my body from my finger tips to my toes. After a few second I regained my wits and realized I had been shocked. I was trying to figure out how it happened when it all came to me like a CSI flash back. When I was on my way back to the bathroom connected to our master bedroom I passed my wife again and as usual check out her rack but now she was wearing a different shirt. I looked at our closet and noticed the light was on, and then I looked at the closet light switch that's on the same box as the bathroom light switch. When my wife came to the room to change her shirt she hit both switches on and then walked out. I was furious, I hollered to her in the garage" ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL ME OR WHAT" she asked what I was talking about and I said you turned on the bathroom light when you changed your shirt. (I am leaving out some of the more colorful adjectives) Then I screamed "I JUST GOT SHOCKED". In which she replied "oh, sorry". I just kept my mouth shut and walked to the breaker box turned off ALL the breakers, finished the light and got some guilt booty that night.

No comments: