Monday, March 16, 2009

My husband thinks I am trying to kill him...

When it comes to doing projects around the house I am a do it your self kind of person. I like to get my hands dirty and help. But my husband thinks otherwise!!! We have two totally different ways of thinking so our projects usually end up with him getting mad at me about something. One thing I have come to realize over the years is how to go about doing the projects with less hassle. With Joe I usually tell him my idea and then let him take it from there. Because lets face it he does know a little more about the mechanics of things, tools, and what does what. Then I am the designated helper!!! I get the tools, clean up the messes, hold the flash light, and get him water or a snack. You know all the crap work. If this was a construction job I would be the laborer. The funny thing is when I try to do things myself I end up having to get him to help me anyways. So, now I just save my self the time and aggravation and have him do it first. So ladies, let him think he is running the show when in all reality you are the boss and he is really doing the work for you.

We have these beautiful bathroom light fixtures I have been bugging Joe to put in out bathroom for at least a year now. Well, FINALLY he decides to do it because he had some extra time on his hands. He kept telling me what a big project it was going to be. But I think he just didn’t want to do it. Because it only took us a couple hours to do it. So, anyways he started taking apart the fixture. When I walked in the bathroom I noticed it was dark so out of habit I turned on the light switch. Nothing happened I looked up and there was no bulbs, my husband said “what are you doing I am taking apart the fixture?” I apologized and told him it was out of habit. I also suggested he turned off the breaker. He said it was fine and for ME not to touch the switch to stay away!!! So we were getting into our project and I decided to change my shirt. Joe was in the garage I walked into our closet and turned on the light (which by the way was right next to the bathroom light). I tuned both on, changed then went back into the garage. Well, next thing you know Joe is SCREAMING, “ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL ME?!?!?!” “YOU TURNED THE LIGHTS ON AND I JUST GOT SHOCKED.” He was sooo mad at me! I felt really bad and said sorry. Then he storms over to the panel box and shuts off the electricity. I felt really bad about it, but it was an accident. But that’s what Joe and most men will throw in your face is that you have to think about what you are doing, pay attention. I am sure you ladies have heard it all too. We laugh about it now and he loves to tell everyone the story of how his wife trying to kill him. So my advice to both husbands and wives…TURN OFF THE ELECTRICITY!!!=) By the way the fixture looks wonderful!!!

No comments: